The Festival of Contemporary Bulgarian Ceramics / 2023 will held from April 25 to May 12, 2023 in the SBH Gallery – 6 Shipka, hall 2.
By March 25, 2023, artists interested in participating must submit a form and digital photos of each work.
Special participation: Ivana Eneva and Ivan Kanchev
- The festival is open for participation to all artists working with ceramic materials. In modern and conceptual searches, the use of alternative treatments and materials is allowed in order to present an author's concept. The use of cold decoration on ceramics is not allowed.
- Each author can present up to three original works, created in the last three years.
- Each author participates in the festival only with the juried work.
- Each applicant must submit a completed and signed registration form (below).
- Applicants must submit a digital image of each work captured against a neutral background, .jpg format, 300 dpi resolution. On each file must to be noted: name of the author, name of the work, dimensions of the work, year of creation. If the work requires specific exposure, apply an additional scheme for the way of its arrangement.
- The form and digital images must be sent electronically to
- Each author selected to participate must submit a personal black-and-white picture, a brief biography, and supporting text or creative concept to be used for the exhibition catalogue.
- Participants bear the costs of transportation and insurance (if any) of the works to the specified address and back.
- The organizers guarantee the security of the works received during the exhibition, but do not take responsibility for problems that occurred during transport and after the exhibition.
- The festival will take place from April 25 to May 12, 2023 in the SBH Gallery – 6 Shipka.
- Anyone wishing to participate should submit a completed form and digital photos of each work by March 25, 2023.
- The five-member selection jury reviews the applications and selects works until March 27, 2023. The jury reserves the right to make a final decision on exhibiting the already selected works after their exposition in the original form in the exhibition hall.
- The selected works will be received until April 21, 2023 to the following address:
Union of Bulgarian Artist
6 Shipka St
Tel. 0359/2944 41 41
mob. 0359/888 945 184 – Elena Videnova
- Return of works – from May 13, 2023.
- Foreign artists – BGN 50
Unicredit Bulbank, "Pametnik Vasil Levski" branch
BIC UNCR BGSF
IBAN BG47UNCR 7630 1078 5769 26
SBH – participation fee, Ceramic fest 2023
- The fee is not refundable even the application is rejected.
- Whole Performance Award
- Award for a young author, under 30 years old
- Institute, gallery, company or organization awards
Participants from abroad
- All shipping and insurance costs are the responsibility of the authors.
- Ceramic works must be shipped in wooden crates, in protective packaging. SBH is responsible for the works during the exhibition, but is not responsible for damages after the expiration of its deadline. The secretary of the "Ceramics" section at the SBH and the festival team are obliged to securely pack the ceramic works in the same containers and send them back to the artist. The transport costs of returning the work are borne by the artist.