Information

I

25.11.19 - 31.01.20
Shipka 6 Gallery, Sofia, Fl.1, Halls 1А, 1B, 1C

The International Triennial of Graphic Arts Sofia, which has existed for a quarter of a century, was founded and started in 1994 – 1995 as an initiative of “Graphics and illustration” section and embraced by the Union of Bulgarian Artists. It received the support of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Bulgaria, Sofia Municipality, the International Foundation “Saints Cyril and Methodius” and was conducted under the patronage of the President of the Republic of Bulgaria, Dr. Zhelyu Zhelev.

Other institutions, such as the National Culture Fund, the State Institute for Culture at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Bulgaria, the American Corner, the French Institute, Goethe Institut, the Slovakian Institute, the Hungarian Cultural Institute, the Czech Centre, Association Art-Dialogue France, the Swiss arts and culture foundation Pro Helvetia, KulturKontakt Austria, "Supporting Art in Bulgaria" Foundation, The Slavyani Foundation, other galleries, and private sponsors.

The Triennial in Sofia started out in very difficult conditions of economic and social transition, with the risk that the cultural community in the country and the artists themselves would remain in regional isolation or that the cultural bridge with the rest of the world would become one-way again, as the fate of the Biennial of Graphic Arts in Varna at that time was also unclear. Ever since the first edition of the Triennial, its character has emerged as

an artistic platform with a wide range of authors

presenting different stylistic, technical and technological principles, as well as innovative conceptual approaches. It also runs curatorial projects as well as accompanying exhibitions by other creative associations and associations related to the graphic arts.

Winners

Grand Prix

Zhang Hui / China

Zhang Hui  / Gaze toward the Light 8, lithography, 45 x 97. 2018

+++

Two awards of equal standing

Agnes Wolkovicz / Germany

Agnes Wolkowich  / I have a fish to catch - pan-fried memory for dinner, silkscreen, 100 x 70. 2018

Andrea Serafini / Italy

Andrea Serafini / Self portrait, etching, aquatint, 100 х 70. 2016

+++

An award from Directa, Fabriano’s paper representative

Chavdar Ghiuselev / Bulgaria

Chavdar Guselev  / The Angel, lithography, 78 x 56. 2019

+++

Nominations

Tomasz M. Kukawski / Poland

Текст / Behind I from cycle ''Relations'', linocut, 109 x 79. 2019

Garcia Marco / Mexico

Garcia Marco  / Exhausted Landscape I, linocut, 125 x 84

Victor Manuel Ernandes Castillo / Mexico

Текст / The Misfortune’s Goal, linocut, 80 x 120. 2018

Ewelina Kolakowska / Poland

Ewelina Kolakowska / 0401201707012017, intaglio, 140 x 100

Pavel Kwiatkowski / Poland

Pawel Kwiatkowski / In the trap, colagraphy, 100 x 70. 2018

UBA, Shipka 6

Легендарната сграда на улица „Шипка“ 6 в София е домът на СБХ от 1972 до днес. Тук се намират администрацията и основните ни изложбени зали на 1 и 2 етаж. Можете да разгледате пространствата подробно в снимки и планове.